Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Au Revoir Simone - Night Light


I'm usually a little sceptical of remix albums, they're a bold move for artists and its rare that i find an album that actually impresses me more than or equally as the original. However, the all girl trio from Brookylyn, Au Revoir Simone, has let a selection of hand picked artists go loose on their 2009 album Still Night, Still Light, and it has paid off big time. After a quick scan through the artists remixing the album I already had a sense that it was a keeper - Aeroplane, Tanlines, Neon Indian, Your Twenties, Montag and even Jens Lekman. My favourite track on the release would have to be Clock Opera's remake of Tell Me, it's an airy heart warmer and i cant get enough of it. Go grab the whole Album.

For your special enjoyment I've uploaded the Aeroplane , Tanlines, and Clock Opera's remixes.





No comments:

Post a Comment